Tuesday 5 June 2012

Artist Profile - George the Poet

I am definitely one to support UK Talent, as you know, and it's the only reason for why I write this blog. I was listening to Radio 1Xtra last week and they had a special guest by the name of George the Poet and I was instantly hooked.  George is a very talented lyricist in the form of spoken word. His word play is intriguing and intellectually stimulating. Spitting about politics and life experiences George's chosen topics make him relatable, real and very British. Please do check out his latest video 'My City' which 'is a poem about the forgotten parts of London, a collaboration between George the Poet and director Rob Ryan. Filmed by Paul Kirsop and graded by Fergus Hally (in Melbourne!) Part II - 'creativity in adversity' is now in production. I will definitely be keeping my eye on George the Poet.  Enjoy!!



Follow George the Poet on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/#!/GeorgeThePoet
contact rob@deuce-films.com

No comments:

Post a Comment