Tuesday 5 June 2012

Artist Profile: Patch

New to UrbanVoice UK is Patch, a London based Rapper/Poet. Born and raised in North London to Guyanese father and Irish mother Patch first started rhyming at the age of 11 through poetry. At the age of 12 he became a full on hip hop head but didn't actually start to rap until 14. 'I didn't take it seriously at all at the time,it was just for fun' he says. 'From then on I would write raps on/off and until the age of 18. After finishing 6th Form I went to work in a bunch of different jobs never satisfied and always saving up to travel a load of different countries. What never left me was a sense of unrest and the feeling that writing lyrics was what I was supposed to do'. At the age of 23, Patch picked up the pen again and hasn't looked back since, he says 'I now know for sure that I'm meant for this!'  Check out his latest track 'Dream Chasers'.





You can follow Patch on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/PatchandOnly

No comments:

Post a Comment