Friday 6 April 2012

Coldside Interview - Manchester's Finest Unsigned Act

As a typical ignorant-ish Londoner who believes that the world revolves around London self-contained with everything you need to get by; bars, clubs, music, chill out time and hectic time, you name it London has it. So why the need to leave?! A week ago today I was on the train to Manchester open minded and not knowing what to expect as I was leaving my comfort zone.  As I arrived in Manchester I was pleasantly surprised.  It's so much like London just friendlier, smaller and less busy.  The purpose of my trip was a back stage pass to a gig and interview with none other than Manchester's finest unsigned act Coldside.  The Mancunian trio were headlining at the Manchester Academy based on the University Campus which has seen the likes of Wale, Nero, Flux Pavilion and many others perform.  I was introduced to Coldside around November last year and immediately they stood out with their unique sound branching across all musical genres.  I can tell you that I was not disappointed when I met three down to earth, humble, seriously focused and cheeky individual characters.  Aitch, Red and Zane all hail from Manchester with a clear aim that is to dominate the UK music scene.  The gig itself was all about the music and Manchester is definitely fast becoming an urban talent force to be reckoned with.  Other artists performing live were Kapital K-O and OneDa.

Check out the edited version of the Coldside Exclusive Interview with UrbanVoice UK under the Interview tab (coming soon) and if you want you can listen to the full interview below.   Many of the other acts performing that  night were warming up/chilling out backstage so please excuse the background noise during the interview. Enjoy!!

Follow Coldside on Twitter @ThisIsColdside
check out the website: www.coldsidegenerals.com




No comments:

Post a Comment