Saturday 27 August 2011

August Bank Holiday Special - UVUK's Top Picks

Alright, I for one am excited that it is August bank holiday weekend and with 3 days off work who wouldn't be!?  So, I have selected my favourite songs of the moment to start the bank holiday weekend off with a bang!

First up is Crazy Cousinz featuring Omarion with 'Arch Your Back'. That's right the R'nB star from the US of A has teamed up with the mighty funky trio, famous for tracks such as 'I See You' and 'Go'.  This has to be one of the biggest UK-US collaborations of this year.  Definitely a guaranteed club banger, after having it on replay for the last 3 days I am hooked and I am sure that you will be too - Ladeeezzzz, Arch your back!  US viewers I really want to hear your comments about this track.  Let us know, don't be shy to post your comment below :).
For the official video click here Otherwise, the audio can be found here on UrbanVoice UK.



Second up, in time for carnival is Ms. Dynamite with 'Neva Soft', It just has a chilled reggae vibe that will get me in the mood whilst getting ready to head out to the Notting Hill Carnival.  Speaking of the Notting Hill Carnival Cleo Sol's 'High' has to be up there as well and will be the third track to go in this 'Top Picks' post.




Forth up, it's 'Could Just Be the Bassline' from Artful featuring Kal Lavelle.  Artful formerly part of Artful Dodger, the duo that brought you Craig David's Born To Do It album and the garage smash 'Moving Too Fast', is a veteran of the UK urban music scene.  'Could Just Be the Bassline' has a slightly more grown up feel and takes me back to being a teenager blaring vocal garage in my bedroom back in 1999 - 2000.  I absolutely LOVE this track. 
'Could Just Be the Bassline' is available to buy from iTunes here
 


My last (but not least) pick is another great collaboration, this time with our recent chart toppers Wretch 32 and Emeli Sande and their 'gift' back to the fans, a track entitled 'Underdog Law'.  A heartfelt track with emotional lyrics about the struggles coming up from the underground music scene.  What a lovely song dedicated to their fans...how nice are these guys?!




I hope you have enjoyed my selection, have a great weekend, and I will keep you posted on the best in UK music.

No comments:

Post a Comment