Having been a follower and supporter of the Underground scene since the mid 90's, from when Speed Garage was around, I've seen the underground blow up, struggle, deal with negative reviews and violent misconception. After watching the Brit Award winners be announced my first thoughts were, FINALLY, we have made it. We, the UK underground artists and fans are knocking down the door of the UK commercial music scene.
This then got me thinking, and realised that it has been almost ten years since So Solid reached number one in the UK charts with 21 Seconds back in August 2001. Any UK artist can tell you that it has not been easy and it has been a long road for other acts to follow with the same success.
I suppose some would say that 2010 has been a great year for British Acts such as Tinie Tempah, Roll Deep, Wiley, Dizzee Rascal, N-Dubz and Chipmunk.
But is this enough? Is this just the beginning? What about other urban UK acts and what about the UK female artists?
Here are a couple of topics which this blog will aim to cover:
- Review current songs from British Urban and Underground acts
- Debate and post opinions on the UK music scene
- Post new talent, exciting acts across different genres such as Grime, UK Funky, UK Hip Hop, Tribal and anything else fresh.
- Post nights out and places to go within the underground scene.
- This blog encourages people from all over the UK to voice their opinion on what hot and what's not in the UK Urban/Undergound scene.